Your 1/4″ 0-flute bit is here! 0-flute bits are the go-to bits for all things acrylic with CNC routers. If you haven’t created LED-lit acrylic projects, it’s definitely time.
You are getting a 1/4″ diameter bit to tackle those bigger acrylic signs you’ll be making.
Acrylic requires a high-spiral bit that minimizes contact with the plastic to prevent melting, which ‘galls’ the material to the bit, making it ineffective. This also virtually eliminates the other enemy of cutting plastic…melting it and causing it to bind to the cut surface.
The specs, feeds and speeds are listed below. Or you can download this FREE Speeds & Feeds table by clicking here.
Save 25% when you buy the set, 1/8″ AND 1/4″. You can get them by clicking here now.
All bits on this site are made of carbide steel. Carbide is what professional metal machinists use to make complex items like car engines. It stays sharp 50x longer than conventional CNC router bits.
For depth of cuts, see the table at the bottom
Specs for 1/4″
- Cut diameter: 1/4″ (3.35mm)
- Shank dia: 1/4″ (6.35mm)
- Overall Length: 2″ (50mm)
- Flutes: 1
- Flute length: 1.0″ (25mm)
- Material: 100% carbide
- Feed: 60-80 inches per minute (25-30mm per second) for acrylic
- Plunge (for drilling only): Same as feed**
- **NOTE: It is always best to ramp into the project
- Speed (rpm): 17000
- For CNC’s with routers, use half speed
Depth of cut for 1/4″
- On acrylic: Up to 0.5″ (12mm}
- On aluminum: 0.25″ (6mm)
FREE Feeds & Speeds table