The Lightning Series 1/4″ drill bit for CNC routers is made for CNC machine owners who want to get their holes drilled hyper-fast.
When it comes to CNC drill bits, this 1/4″ carbide drill bit cannot be matched in performance. It is designed to get chips out of the way fast with high plunge rates and no peck drilling.
Run the 1/4″ Lightning drill bit at 10,000 RPM at 50 inches per minute, and each hole is complete in less than2 seconds. Compared to standard CNC drill bits, which can take up to a minute per hole.
Made of solid carbide, peck drilling is completely eliminated with the Lightning drill bits. The dual grind plus fast-spiral design gives this CNC router drill the ability to get the job done super fast.
If you are planning on making a DIY cribbage board game, you want the holes to be perfectly positioned. Whether you are making it by hand with a drilling jig or on a CNC router, choosing any drill can lead to problems in your project. They are stated below.
This bit can also be used for those larger cribbage boards! And you get FREE Cribbage board files with this bit.
If you want to add the Lightning Series 1/8″ drill bit for CNC routers to your collection, to make DIY Cribbage board projects, click here to see the fastest drill on the planet for CNC routers.
3 characteristics are built into this CNC router 1/4″ drill bit for extreme performance:
- A rigid center-core allows the drill to ‘break out’ of the side and will not deflect
- It is made of solid carbide steel. Standard 1/8″ drill bits are made of high-speed steel. Density changes in wood grain cause high-speed steel bits to flex while drilling, causing your cribbage board holes to be out of alignment and at a slight tilt. Carbide is rigid so it resists flexing.
- High-speed steel heats up faster, so peck drilling is required to allow the tip to cool.
- The point grind reduces burrs around the top of the hole. It also holds a sharp edge 100x longer than high-speed steel.
- The smoothed flutes allow chip ejection while the drill bit is plunging, further allowing a complete hole without pecking.
This bit will last through hundreds of boards if you follow the feeds & speeds listed below. This 1/8 cribbage board drill bit can also be used for aluminum, brass, /steel acrylic, and other materials.
- Cut diameter: 1/4″
- Shank: 1/8\4″
- Length: 2.4″
- Flutes: 2
- Flute length: 1.0″
- Material: 100% carbide
- Plunge feed: 50 inches per minute
- Speed (rpm): 10000 (Makita dial 1-1.5)
- Max plunge depth: 0.9 inches.
- Due to flute length, cannot full stroke plunge past 0.9 inches
- After 0.9 inches, set peck to 0.25″ @ 50ipm
FREE Feeds & Speeds table PDF. Download by clicking here