This keyhole router bit for CNC routers (a.k.a. t-slot cutter, keyhole slot cutter, key slot bit) is a woodworking bit designed for T slot on your wall-hanging wood projects. Keyhole t-slot bits for CNC routers are used to cut slots in wood projects when you want them to be flush to the wall, such as plaques, or awards.
The keyhole router bit is especially important when making heavier woodworking projects that hang on walls, such as wood shelving, or deep shadow boxes.
Keyhole router bit slots are far stronger than using wire or metal serrated hangers and they allow your woodworking CNC project to rest flush against the wall. This 3/8 inch keyhole bit is good for manual routers also.
To see how to set up your keyhole in your design software, watch this YouTube video.
- Total flute length: 0.45″
- Keyhole cut diameter: 3/8″
- Keyhole thickness 0.2″
- Slot cut diameter: 1/4″
- Slot flute length: 0.25
- Shank: 1/4″
- Overall Length: 1.75″
- Flutes: 2
- Material: 100% carbide brazed tip, body 4140 steel
- Plunge feed: 15 inches per minute
- Cut feed: 35 inches per minute
- Speed (rpm): 21,000 (Makita dial setting approx. 4.25)
- Set pass depth to 0.375
- Max. plunge depth: 0.44 inches. (do not exceed this depth)
FREE Feeds & Speeds table PDF. Download by clicking here