One bit most CNC router owners miss is the surfacing bit. You’ll find the surfacing bit is a necessary bit almost immediately after you get your CNC router. This is because most spoilboards (a.k.a waste board) are not parallel to the router motion.
Receiving your new CNC router is exciting. One of the first tasks you will want to do is level up your spoilboard for 2 reasons.
- Your projects will out even.
- You won’t cut into your spoilboard at high spots.
Spoilboard resurfacing is actually a very common thing that has to be done with new CNC routers, as well and reconditioning the surface after it has been cut into many times.
This 1″ diameter surfacing bit is made specifically for hobby and semi-professional CNC’ers. It is made to get effective clean-up on your spoilboard in one pass at high feed rates.
- Spoilboard. or waste board leveling
- Spoilboard resurfacing
- Cleaning up warped project materials
Settings for this bit
- Feed: 70-100 inches per minute
- Spindle speed: 13000-16000 rpm
- Past depth: 0.1″
- 3 Flute carbide tipped
- Shank 1/4″ (6.35mm)
- Cut Diameter: 1″ (25.4mm)
- Cut height: 1/4″ (6.35mm)